IDGA Announces Light Armored Vehicles & Stryker Summit 2010
New York, NY—July 14, 2010—The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement (IDGA) announces the ninth annual Light Armored Vehicles & Stryker Summit scheduled for November 15-18, 2010 in National Harbor, MD.
This premier event brings together military end-users, OEMs, and industry professionals to discuss, evaluate, and lay the ground work for technology solutions and acquisitions of light armored vehicle platforms. Discussions will take place under the backdrop of President Obama’s announcement to send an additional 30,000 US Troops to Afghanistan - an increase that will put nearly 100,000 US Troops in Afghanistan before the end of Summer 2010. The Afghan rugged and mountainous terrain requires an immediate investment in armored vehicles with exceptional maneuverability.
"This year we’re introducing an international contingent to the platform, which is exciting" said Michelle Cardinal, the event’s producer. "It will allow for a wider variety of topic coverage and a new perspective. We try to do something new at this event every year, while keeping the same quality and standards people have come to expect."
Specific summit topics include the following:
- Requirements and modifications for the family of LAV and Stryker,
- New lightweight and transparent armor systems
- Advancements in vehicle maintenance and monitoring systems, and improving off-road mobility in the rugged terrain.
- A dedicated day to lightweight vehicles on November 18.
The speaker roster includes:
- ColBrian Buckles, USMC, LAV Program Manager, Marine Corps Systems Command
- LTC Aaron D. Roberson, USA, Deputy Director, Logistics, PM StrykerBrigade Combat Team.
- Kim Yarboro, Program Manager, MRAP Cougar Vehicles, JPO MRAP, USMC
- Major Pierre Larrivee, Project Director, LAV III, Canadian Defence
- MSgt Gerald D Morse, Jr. USMC, Operations Chief PMO-LAV MARCORSYSCOM
- An entire speaker list can be found on the event’s website.
For more information on speaking, exhibiting or attending IDGA’s Light Armored Vehicles & Stryker Summit, please visit http://www.LightArmoredVehiclesSummit.com or contact Erin Gilbert at ErinGilbert@idga.org.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA) is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense. IDGA brings together communities comprised of military, government, vendors and academia for education, networking and advancing the communities in which it serves.