Lt Col Eric M. Bissonette is the Commander, 558th Flying Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph. The 558th FTS hosts the Air Force's only undergraduate remotely piloted aircraft training programs for pilots and sensor operators.
Lt Col Bissonette entered the Air Force in June 2000 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has been assigned to numerous operational and training positions in the T-37, T-38 and B-1, and served as a wing director of staff and wing executive officer. Lt Col Bissonette is a command pilot with more than 2,300 flying hours
and has led combat missions in support of Operations Iraqi
Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
2000 Bachelor of Science degree, United States Air Force
Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Masters of Business Administration, TUI University, Calif.
2010 Aviation Safety Program Management Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2010 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2013 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air War College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 2000 – March 2001, wing programmer, Cannon AFB, N.M.
2. March 2001 – June 2002, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. August 2002 – November 2002, student, T-37 Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. December 2002 – September 2005, T-37 instructor pilot, flight scheduler, assistant flight commander, Phase 1 flight commander, Vance AFB, Okla.
5. September 2005 – September 2008, B-1 aircraft commander, flight commander, Squadron Safety Officer, Dyess AFB, Texas
6. January 2009 – April 2009, student, T-38 Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. May 2009 – April 2013, T-38 evaluator/instructor, wing director of staff, wing executive officer, squadron assistant director of operations, squadron safety officer, Laughlin AFB, Texas
8. July 2013 – June 2014, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. July 2014 – November 2014, Deputy Commander Detachment 4, Air Combat Command, JB Langley- Eustis, Va.
10. November 2014 – June 2015, Chief of Rated Officer Management, A1, Air Combat Command, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
11. June 2015 – June 2016, Career Development Branch Chief, A1, Air Combat Command, JB Langley
12. January 2017 – January 2018, T-38 Pilot Instructor Training Instructor, wing director of staff, JB San
13. March 2018 – present, Commander, 558th Flying Training Squadron, JB San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,300
Aircraft flown: B-1, T-38, and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster Air Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 2000
First Lieutenant June 1, 2002
Captain June 1, 2004
Major March 1, 2010
Colonel July 1, 2015