What are the key debates for the Armed Forces following the Strategic Defence & Security Review (SDSR)?
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a IDGA member.
Or, if you're already a IDGA member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
The results of the Government’s upcoming Strategic Defence & Security Review (SDSR) will have an impact on the armed forces of the United Kingdom for years to come.
For the first time the government attempt to join up strategic defence and national security agendas into one coherent policy.
At this time there is nothing more critical than understanding the choices and challenges that face the UK MoD as these decisions are made. The Green Paper published on 3rd February 2010 laid out some key areas that will help frame the Review:
- Given that domestic security cannot be separated from international security, where should we set the balance between focusing on our territory and region and engaging threats at a distance?
- What approach should we take if we employ the Armed Forces to address threats at distance?
- What contribution should the Armed Forces make in ensuring security and contributing to resilience within the UK?
- How could we more effectively employ the Armed Forces in support of wider efforts to prevent conflict and strengthen international stability?
- Do our current international defence and security relationships require rebalancing in the longer term?
- Should we further integrate our forces with those of key allies and partners?
- To what extent and in what areas should we continue to refocus our current efforts on Afghanistan?
These issues and more will be discussed in Defence IQ’s exclusive Webinar. Providing you with the key debates around these issues from experts within the UK Defence Community. You’ll gain an enhanced understanding of:
- The issues facing the armed forces
- The changing security context
- What capabilities remain essential to our security
- What the implications of the review might mean.
The SDSR will determine our direction and strategy, both for industry and military in the United Kingdom. Take the opportunity to hear the hard choices debated by our panel of experts.