Ensuring homeland security is a moving target—an on-going and eternally evolving battle. The latest technological changes, as well as the socio-political environment, both at home and abroad, contribute to the difficulty of the task. In advance of Homeland Security Week, we’ve made it our mission to inform you of the latest innovations to facilitate the maintenance of a current and complete big picture view, so that you can more effectively do your duty.
On May 16, 2018 the Department of Homeland Security released a new strategy to provide the Department with a framework to execute their cybersecurity responsibilities during the next five years. This approach is designed to help them keep pace with the evolving cyber risk landscape by reducing vulnerabilities and building resilience, countering malicious actors in cyberspace, responding to incidents and making the cyber ecosystem more secure and resilient.
This slideshow highlights the key priorities and objectives and goals outlined in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Strategy including:
- The 5 Pillar's of the DHS-wide risk management approach
- DHS's 7 goals for maximizing its unique resources to accomplish impactful policy and operational outcomes
- 7 guiding principles for ensuring cybersecurity efforts are consistent with our national values
Intelligence Analytics eBook: How DHS & the DOD are Leveraging Intelligence Analytics to Protect the Homeland
How is the US Government, from the military to DHS to law enforcement agencies, leveraging intelligent analytics to strengthen national security? Find out in our comprehensive e-book that covers key intelligence analytics budget priorities for the year ahead as well as 3+ case studies on how streamlining analytics and integrating systems will optimize your ability to process, utilize and circulate intelligence.
Table of Contents:
- An Overview of Recent Intelligence Analytics Press, News & Developments
- Intelligence Analytics FY19 Budget Highlights
- Sustaining Our Long-Term Competitive Advantage Through Intelligence and Data Analytics by Lieutenant General Jack Shanahan, OUSDI Director for Defense Intelligence (Warfighter Support)
- Leveraging Information and Joint Operations to Enhance the Nation’s Defense by Mr. Gregory Radabaugh, SES, Director, Joint Information Operations Warfare Center
- Battlespace Awareness and Information Operations Program Office (PMW 120) for Intelligence Analytics 2018 Meeting by Tim Anderson, DCGS-N Inc 2 APM (PMW 120), US Navy
To receive this ebook via email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "HSW18 Conten Request: Intelligence Analytics eBook" in the subject line.
The Homeland Security Team sat down with three of our distinguished 2017 speakers, Daniel Kenny, Director of 18F’s, Agency Partnerships team Technology Transformation Service, Rebecca Refoy-Sidibe, Product Lead Technology Transformation Service and Mark Hopson, Innovation Specialist, to get their insights on the future of Homeland Security.
Find out who attended last year's Homeland Security Week to get a preview of who you can expect to meet and learn from in 2019 this November 20-22 in Washington, D.C.!