Military Leaders to Convene and Discuss the Latest in Emergency Management
IDGA Summit provides venue for information sharing and collaboration potential
New York, NY—November 9, 2010—The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement (IDGA) announces the first annual Disaster Management Showcase and Conference scheduled for January 24 -26, 2011 in the Washington DC area.
Operations Managers, Federal Emergency Response Members, Civil Engineers, and other military experts from the emergency management community will join to discuss, evaluate, and lay the groundwork for the acquisition priorities and gaps in emergency management. The future of effective emergency management will rely on coordinated, comprehensive federal response. This showcase and conference will focus on those efforts.
"We are honored to have some top military experts in this area from United States Army North, Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Center for Integrated Emergency Preparedness and more speak at the event," said Event Producer Luis Hernandez. "With the recent developments in Emergency Management, this event seems extremely topical. We’ve already received tremendous response from the community - I think the caliber of our speaker roster speaks to that."
Specific Emergency Management topics include the following:
- Communication plans with easily understandable terminology and methods
- Proper maintenance and training of emergency services, including mass human resources such as community emergency response teams
- Development and exercise of emergency population warning methods combined with emergency shelters and evacuation plans
- Stockpiling, inventory, and maintain disaster supplies and equipment
The speaker roster includes:
- Major General Perry L Wiggins, Deputy Commanding General, United States Army North (Fifth Army)
- Elizabeth M. Harman, Assistant Administrator, Grant Program Directorate, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Paul L. Hewett, Jr., Assistant Administrator, Center for Integrated Emergency Preparedness (DGS/DOE)
- Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth S. Shaw, O.D., M.A., Decontamination team, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- William Wagner, RadioactiveWaste & Emergency Response Section Chief, Bureau of Radiation Protection
For more information on speaking, exhibiting or attending IDGA’s Disaster Management Showcase and Conference, please visit http://www.DisasterManagementShowcase.com or contact Erin Gilbert at ErinGilbert@idga.org.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA) is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense. IDGA brings together communities comprised of military, government, vendors and academia for education, networking and advancing the communities in which it serves.