VA Healthcare 2020: Post-Event Recap
Merging Technogy & Care to Improve Patient Outcomes
Over the past decade, the Veterans Affairs has radically transformed from an antiquated hospital system to a comprehensive health care system. From the back office to the front-lines of patient care, the VA has comprehensively re-imagined and redesigned its approach to service delivery to improve quality of care, drive innovation and increase efficiency. However, the VA's transformation journey is far from over.
The next wave of transformation will require increased automation, interoperability, next generation analytics and innovative virtual health solutions. The VA and their partners will have to work more closely than ever to ensure they're equipped to confront unprecedented challenges such as the Covid-19 crisis, the rising cost of healthcare, skills shortages and an aging population. Throughout these 16 presentations shared at the VA Healthcare 2020 Online Event, we get a glimpse into how the VA is continuously working to improve its processes, care models and IT infrastructure to deliver unrivaled care to veterans, their families and caregivers. Read on to learn more about the new & enduring challenges the VA faces as well as potential solutions, requirements and aquisition strategies.
Includes an overview of perspectives from:
- Margarita Devlin, MA, CRC, Principal Deputy Under Secretary for Benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Gerard Cox, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Organizational Excellence, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, M.D., Executive Director Office of Technical Integration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Mark Bowman, President, National Association of State Veterans Homes Melissa Jackson Chief Executive Officer Vermont Veterans’ Home
- Lori Smith, Director, Procurement Services(Community Care Network), Strategic Acquisition Center, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Michael Renfrow, Deputy Director for Patient Experience, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Candace Brandmayr, Director of Engineering Services DivisionTechnology Acquisition Center, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Major (R) Toni Hightower, PX Coach, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Colonel James Lynch, Sports Medicine Physician, United States Special Operations Command
- And more!