IDGA’s Battlefield Healthcare Series will Feature a Performance from Theater of War Productions
New York, NY, July 12, 2010-The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement (IDGA) announces its Battlefield Healthcare Series: Combatant Care from Pre to Post Deployment, taking place September 20-22, 2010 at the Marriott Mission Valley in San Diego, CA.The Summit will offer CME and CE credits for all attendees.
Continuing to lead the way in one of the most critical military topics, IDGA has designed a cutting-edge program to focus on physical and psychological care techniques for wounded combatants. This forward-looking Summit will feature focused discussions on TBI and PTSD and next generation treatments such as Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy and telemedicine. Other session and discussion topics include comprehensive pre-deployment preparedness, lessons learned from recently deployed service members, in-theater wound care and infection control, continuum of care in the VA , rehabilitation for amputees, and much more.
The Summit features a Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Focus Day on Monday, September 20. The Focus Day ends with a Theatre of War Production presentation of Sophocles Ajax and Philoctetesto. This presentation of ancient military writings is fully funded by the DCoE and helps to de-stigmatize psychological injuriesand provide a safe and open space for dialogue between soldiers, family, caregiversand others involved in the treatment process.
Summitspeaker roster includes:
- COLJerry Penner, USA, Commander, Madigan Army Medical Center
- COL Kurt W Grathwohl, USA, MD, Medical Director Surgical/Trauma Intensive Care Unit, BAMMC, Program Director Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine, SAUSHEC, Critical Care Consultant to the Army Surgeon General
- J. Wesson Ashford, M.D, Ph.D., Director, War Related Illness and Injury Study Center, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
- Kellie Crowe, Ph.D., SAMMC, Chief, Psychology Training, Outpatient Mental Health Clinic; Director of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Clinic
- Peter Harsch, CP, C5 Head of Prosthetics, Naval Medical Center, San Diego CA
- James Kelly, MD, Ph.D., Director, The National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE)
- Bret Logan, MD, Executive Director, Fort Campbell Warrior Resiliency and Recover Program
To learn more about Combatant Care from Pre to Post Deployment, visit www.BattlefieldHealthcare.com, call 1-800-882-8684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The entire Summit agenda can be viewed here. You can also download related podcasts, webcasts, presentations and other documents in the Battlefield Healthcare Resource Center.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA) is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense through live conferences and events. We bring together speaker panels and events comprised of military and government professionals while attracting delegates with decision-making power from military, government, and defense industries.
In addition to our live events, IDGA also offers an online community dedicated to providing defense industry professionals with breaking news, business opportunities, introductions, podcasts, webinars, and presentations from key industry leaders. Members of our online community are able to extend their live event experience and interact with the defense industry by leveraging the opportunity to network, share ideas, best practices, and business solutions.