MAIN DAY 2
8:00 am - 8:50 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
8:50 am - 9:00 am CHAIRPERSON’S WELCOMING REMARKS
9:00 am - 9:45 am Air Force Education and Training Command’s Future Environment’s Division: Developing Mach-21 Airmen
To develop Total Force Airmen, the AETC needs to understand what it takes to to learn in the future and why we have to consider the trends now in order to shape learning in 2030.
• The increase of artificial intelligence, virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality.
• The increase in open-source environments such as Air Force content on hubs and social media
• The AETC’s Strategic Plan in terms of multi-device implementation.
Dr. Christine Covas-SmithDivision Chief, Future Learning Environments
Air Education and Training Command | U.S. Air Force
9:45 am - 10:30 am STE & Materiel Development: Getting Soldiers Capabilities Faster And Fostering Culture Change
PEO STRI will provide a cognitive, collective, multi-echelon training and mission rehearsal capability for the Operational, Institutional and Self-Development training domains. The goal is to bring together the virtual, constructive and gaming training environments into a single STE for Active and Reserve Components as well as civilians.
• Combining the Integrated Training Environment with the Synthetic Training Environment
• Improving Synthetic Training Environment exercises on the Training Simulation Software
Brigadier General Michael E. SloaneProgram Executive Officer
Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI)
10:30 am - 11:15 am MORNING NETWORKING & REFRESHMENT BREAK
11:15 am - 12:00 pm Adaptive Learning for Military Readiness
Technology in the military is changing rapidly with continuous updates which means that learning is critical to prevent attacks and stay military ready. By learning digitally you can save time, lower costs on training, and trust that your team is equipped with they knowledge they need.
• Efficiency and training solutions for military and defense in counter-terrorism
• Developing specialized adaptive learning-based training for a defense organizations
• Detecting, preventing, and prosecuting terrorism activities, terror finance, and money laundering is a top priority in international security
Dr. Ulrik ChristensenCEO
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm Improving the Interoperability of Marine Training Systems and Operational Systems through the Live, Virtual, and Constructive Training Environment
Advanced education and training is needed to allow Marines to assume increasing responsibilities and to develop their decision making abilities. Marines need immersive directional systems that show their location on top of that of their team.
• Using enterprise architecture and common software tools to reduce the time required to set up and conduct exercises
• Providing more repetitions for specific exercises than live training
• Executing exercises in conditions that would not normally be safe or achievable on live ranges
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm Improving U.S Army Simulated Training through New Technology and Reformed Acquisition Practices
Recently the military has adopted other authorities for transactions to better streamline military acquisition of synthetic and simulation solutions. The Army is hoping to continue to develop, acquire and provide simulation, training, testing and modeling solutions.
• Providing a choice for simulation, training and testing solutions
• Understanding current and major programs vs. emerging programs
• Combining programmatic shops to include live training, virtual and constructive training and training support
2:30 pm - 2:45 pm Afternoon Refreshments and Networking Break
2:45 pm - 3:30 pm Developing Virtual Simulators to Improve Helicopter and Search & Rescue Training
Advanced in land and offshore flight training is costly and at times high risk. Standardizing training for at sea missions will improve readiness at reduced risk and cost.
• Putting trainees in a realistic environment without risk of injury to crewmembers or damage to equipment
• Speeding up the training process through live and blended training solutions by employing synthetic training