1987 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Weapons Instructor Course, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
1998 Master of International Relations, University of Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2002 Master of Military Operational Arts and Sciences, Air Command and Staff College, Montgomery, Ala.
2005 Master of National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1987 - September 1988, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. Nov 1988 - June 1992, B-52 Pilot, 596th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. June 1992 - May 1994, B-52 Pilot, Aircraft Commander, 34th Bomb Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
4. May 1994 - June 1996, B-52 Instructor Pilot, 23nd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
5. June 1996 - December 1996, Defense Language Institute, Presidio of Monterey, Calif.
6. January 1997 - November 1998, Olmsted Scholar, University of Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
7. November 1998 - August 2001, B-2 Instructor Pilot, Wing Weapons Officer, 509th Operations Support Squadron and 325th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. August 2001 - June 2002, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2002 - June 2004, Commander, 65th Operations Support Squadron, Lajes Field, Portugal
10. June 2004 - June 2005, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2005 - July 2006, Deputy Commander, 5th Operations Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
12. July 2006 - November 2007, Headquarters, U.S. Strategic Command, Omaha, Neb.
13. November 2007 - April 2009, Commander, 2nd Operations Group, Barksdale AFB, La.
14. April 2009 - April 2010, Director, Strategic Communications Division, USF-I J-9, Baghdad
15. July 2010 - May 2012, Commander, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
16. May 2012 - March 2014, Vice Deputy Director J33 and Deputy Director J36 Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. March 2014 - October 2014, Director, Operational Planning, Policy and Strategy, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. October 2014 - May 2015 Deputy Director, Current Operations, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. May 2015 - January 2017, Director of Strategic Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
20. January 2017 - June 2017, Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence, and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
21. June 2017 - August 2018, Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2006 - November 2007, Chief, Innovation Group then Deputy Director, Global Innovation and Strategy Center, Headquarters, U.S. Strategic Command, Omaha, Neb., as a lieutenant colonel
2. April 2009 - April 2010, Director, Strategic Communications Division, USF-I J-9, Baghdad, as a colonel
3. May 2012 – March 2014, Vice Deputy Director J33 and Deputy Director J36 Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a brigadier general
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,900
Aircraft flown: B-52, B-2, T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1987
First Lieutenant May 1989
Captain May 1991
Major Nov. 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 2003
Colonel January 2007
Brigadier General Oct. 2012
Major General Oct. 2015
Lieutenant General Oct. 2018