Air Commodore Terry van Haren
The Australian Air Attache’ in Washington, DC
Royal Australian Air Force
Sunday, May 12th, 2019
1:30 PM Australia’s 4th To 5th Generation Fighter Transition And Exploring The Role Of ‘Loyal Wingman’ UCAS
• Outline Australia’s experience in transitioning its fighter force from a fourth to a fifth generation force.
• Assess the role of partnerships in developing and sustaining world leading fighter capabilities.
• Exploring and evaluating the ‘Loyal Wingman’ UCAS concept with air combat platforms.
CONFERENCE DAY TWO
Monday, May 14th, 2018
9:45 AM INTERNATIONAL PANEL: Creating The 6th Generation Fighter Jet Shopping List And Leading Capability Requirements
• Discussing the future ‘must haves’ for jets in order to dominate the sky and the impact of the multi-role fighter
• Budgeting for the anticipated operational and logistics price tag
• Recognizing what needs to change in the current military/industry relationship to prevent repeating past mistakes