Mission Intensity: Thriving in the Smart Machine Age
• To thrive in today’s complex world, we need to team with machines and lead with humility.
• This talk will explore a construct —Mission Intensity— for winning in the Smart machine age through equal investment in modern technology (cloud, data, AI, ML)
and a culture of learning and inclusion.
Susan Kalweit, Director, Analysis, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Relying on Humans: How Artificial Intelligence Succeeds or Fails on Human Factors
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are terms that have emerged as tools on the heels of various success stories, primarily those involving few variable problem-sets
in fields such as imagery analysis (SIGINT) and consumer behaviors. However, there are as many cases where AI/ML has fallen short on delivering advanced data analytics
particularly in complex, multiple, partial value data ecosystems. Such settings represent those that are most encountered in defense and security operations. We dissect, with
precision, when, where and why AI/ML has proven to be an effective tool and why the integration of appropriate human skillsets is the predicate upon which AI/ML succeeds
Dr Lilian “Doc” Alessa, Director, vice co-Director of the CRC
Discussing The Role Intelligence Analytics Plays In Combating Hybrid Warfare
• Providing reliable counter information in the face of false publicly distributed information
• Investing in multi-national and cross agency data analysis and validation to combat Hybrid Warfare
• Addressing platforms and plans for cyber capabilities to counter adversary disruptive efforts