A Conversation with Chief W. Barnett Jones, Chief Security and Integrity Officer, Great Lakes Water Authority
Ahead of the Critical National Infrastructure Summit, taking place this June 24 - 26 in Washington D.C., we spoke with Chief W. Barnett Jones, Chief Security and Integrity Officer at Great Lakes Water Authority. In this exclusive Q&A, Chief Jones shares insights on:
- Top objectives/priorities for Great Lakes Water Authority in 2019
- The largest challenges today associated with identifying and prioritizing physical threats
- The future of physical infrastructure protection
- Top takeaways to expect from Chief Jones upcoming panel discussion at Critical National Infrastructure 2019
Ahead of the summit, we took an in-depth look at the top critical infrastructure priorities for:
- Industry Sectors (Electric, Water, and Transit)
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, and Department of Transportation
National security and economic prosperity are becoming increasingly dependent on critical infrastructure, which is at risk from a variety of hazards and threats, both natural and man-made, including aging or failing infrastructure, extreme weather, cyberattacks, and evolving terrorism threats.
This eBook gives insights into the integration of cyber and physical technologies. More specifically, this focuses in on the top business drivers for integration, the top three priorities among utilities executives, the latest developments, ongoing security projects, an outlook on physical and cyber security strategies, and much more.
In this exclusive interview with Mary Doswell, former Senior Vice President of Dominion Resources Inc, shares insights on:
- The benefits and costs of convergence
- The cyber vulnerabilities most present within power grids
- How to strengthen cyber security programs
- How remote capabilities can be improved
What the future of power grids will look like, especially with the inclusion of renewables
Mary Doswell was the 2018 Chairperson of the Power Grid Resilience Summit, which is a sister event of Critical National Infrastructure.