Agenda Day 1
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Networking
9:00 am - 9:45 am Keynote: Investing in the Right Solutions to Address Challenges Facing our Critical Infrastructure
· Creating a comprehensive cyber protection program to provide 24x7 situational awareness, analysis, and incident response
· Investing in infrastructure resilience, coordinating security and resilience efforts across public and private stakeholders
· Enhancing emergency communication capabilities
9:45 am - 10:45 am CIO Panel: Forward Planning for the Future: Building Secure Infrastructure for Connected Cities
· What technologies and products CIOs are investing in now to build up infrastructure for connected cities.
· What will be needed to ensure this burgeoning infrastructure is secure?
· What public private partnerships would help pull off the “ultimate” connected city, how can these be used intelligently to protect our critical infrastructure?
10:45 am - 11:15 am Networking and refreshments
11:15 am - 12:00 pm Panel Discussion: Physical Threat Priorities from Across Critical Infrastructure Sectors
· Where are directors, VPs, and CSOs investing in physical security, and what is projected to change over the next 10 years?
· Defining the “internal threat”, what impact is this having on threat and risk assessment?
· How are these threats evolving, and what do they say about the convergence of cyber and physical security?
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Networking lunch
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Keynote: How to Effectively Deploy Enterprise Risk Management in an Era of Technological Advancement
· Define Enterprise Risk Management: It’s a term we’re all familiar with, but what exactly does this mean? Furthermore – what does an effectively rolled our ERM project mean for your organization?
· Overlooked Means of Risk Mitigation: Cameras and physical security are the go-to, but what other options do CI Owners have? Looking at insurance and contracting as alternative solutions.
· Creating a Gap Analysis
· Building a Strategic Operations Center: who needs to be involved, and from which areas of your business? Involving physical, cyber, and operational security from the get-go.
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Please make your way to the bus for the DC Water Site Tour. Bus will depart at 2:15.
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Site Tour: DC Water
DC Water undertook complete renovation of their Security Facility in 2016, upgrading technologies and installing new software and hardware to protect their water and sewer facilities. Among the invested technology are CCTV cameras, access card readers, intrusion sensors, fencing, networking and communications, and control surveillance devices and systems. While some components are fully implemented – others are scheduled for competition by 2020.
The convergence of IT and Physical Security is causing new threats to emerge; how has DC waters’ recent investment already paid off, and where are they focusing their attention next? Join us on this interactive site tour to learn:
· Investment priorities for DC Water, what physical and cyber technologies are they focusing on integrating now and how do they see these evolving in the next 5 years?
· The breadth of the team required to action recommendations in their Vulnerability Assessment, how did they determine total budget and cost when completing renovation planning?
· What did they consider the “main” threats to protect against when choosing new and updated security solutions?