9:00 am - 9:50 am Registration & Breakfast
9:50 am - 10:00 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING REMARKS
10:00 am - 11:00 am NYSIC/DHS Perspective: Challenges of the Northern Border in New York and Vermont
There are many issues plaguing the Northern Border, predominantly in New York and Vermont. There are key drug and human smuggling routes through the Akwesasne Indian Reservation in New York State and a profuse amount of seizures at that part of the border because of the Great Lakes and illicit trafficking from Wellesley Island.
11:00 am - 11:45 am Networking Break
11:45 am - 12:45 pm OVERVIEW: BORDER, IMMIGRATION AND SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
• Priorities of the Science and Technology Directorate & Border Management
• Technological advancements and enhancements of Border Infrastructure
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm Afternoon Networking and Refreshments
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm Exploiting counter drone plans and policies to provide technological overmatch against adversaries
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Networking Break
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Supporting and implementing recruitment programs to aid with vacancies at border ports of entry to combat terrorism
• Challenges and justifications for using unmanned aircraft.
• Enhancing the use of UAV’s.
• The limitations of unmanned aircrafts operationally.
• An update on payloads challenges, systems, and equipment for UAVs